Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's For Dessert? No-Cook Ice Cream

Folks,
If you're like me, no summer is complete without indulging in at least one bowl of homemade vanilla ice cream. Every summer my Aunt Ruth would make us several quarts of that delicious, cold, creamy dessert and I would eat until I thought my belly would pop!! Well, now that I am a tad bit older, I have found that making that delicatessen requires a lot of work that I simply don't have at the time my hankering for homemade ice cream comes on.

Anyway, I was given this No Cook Ice Cream recipe from a co-worker and thought I'd try it, thinking it was going to be a flop. Boy, was I ever wrong!! This is some good eatin' right here. My two sons couldn't even let it finish freezing before they had finished the batch. Try it, it's really simple. I think y'all might like it, too!!

Recipe (makes 4 quarts):
Half-gallon 2% milk (chocolate, white, strawberry - whatever tickles your fancy)
8 oz whipped topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker.
Mix the condensed milk and whipped topping together until blended. Add a 1/2 cup of the 2% milk to this mixture and stir. Pour this into your ice cream freezer and finish adding the 2% milk until your freezer chamber is full. You don't have to add the entire amount - it's up to you how thick or thin you want it. Stir it up a few times and turn on your ice cream maker. That's it. Freeze for several hours until firm. Serve.

Enjoy!!
Kena

No comments:

Post a Comment